PRESIDENT BUHARI'S STATEMENT TO AISHA IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR WOMEN




‘My Wife Belongs To My Kitchen’ – Buhari Reacts To Aisha’s ‘Controversial’ BBC Interview
I May Not Support You In 2019 Election – Aisha Warns Her Husband, Buhari
Speaking on Friday to pressmen from Germany, during a joint press briefing with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the Associated Press quoted the Nigerian leader as saying:
 “I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room.”
Buhari, while laughing off his initial statement, also told the reporters that he hopes his wife will remember that he ran for president three times before succeeding on the fourth attempt.
He said: “So I claim superior knowledge over her and the rest of the opposition, because in the end I have succeeded. It’s not easy to satisfy the whole Nigerian opposition parties or to participate in the government.”
In an interview with the BBC, Mrs. Buhari had said that the president did not know most of the top officials he had appointed.
She said: “The President does not know 45 out of 50, for example, of the people he appointed and I don’t know them either, despite being his wife of 27 years.
“Some people are sitting down in their homes folding their arms, only for them to be called to come and head an agency or a ministerial position.”
She added: “He is yet to tell me (if he’ll seek re-election) but I have decided as his wife, that if things continue like this up to 2019, I will not go out and campaign again and ask any woman to vote like I did before. I will never do it again,”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AN UPCOMING STAR FROM BROOKLYN, MEET LEYSHA PEREZ

Chris Brown Announces ‘Heartbreak On A Full Moon’ Album Release Date